Wednesday, June 12, 2013

slow down

Slow down.  I have to slow down.  I have so much going on that I am catching myself coming and going.  I have forgotten the dog's name.  He has forgotten me.  He barks at me when I come in the house.

I am sure that I am not the only person who feels this way.  We get so busy.  At annual conference last week, someone reminded us that "busy" is not a spiritual gift.

The only way I know to get less busy is to do fewer things.  It means that I can't meet with everyone who asks.  It means that I can't answer every single email.  It means setting boundaries and learning to say no.

Just yesterday it was my birthday.  Now here comes by birthday again next month.  Busy is the enemy of a beautiful day.  Let's all slow down so we don't miss it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the "busy is not a spiritual gift." Slowing down is work, with a capital "w" if guilt creeps in about what people will think if you're not there every time something they think is important crops up. But slowing down helps us get a fuller glimpse of the real meaning of life and a fuller glimpse of God. Best wishes Jeff. A worthy goal.