Tuesday, June 11, 2013

what a person knows

I am convinced that the older I get, the less I know.  When I was young I knew it all.  My Dad used to say, "those who say, don't know.  Those who know, don't have to say." 

John Wesley said, "When I was young I was sure of everything.  In a few years, having been mistaken a thousand times, I was not half so sure of most things as I was before.  At present, I am hardly sure of anything but what God has revealed to me."

Somehow, it is easier for me to relax now that I know that I don't have to know everything.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's okay Jeff. It isn't that you don't know as much as you used to, or thought you did. It's just that the fact old age has set in and you've forgotten half of what you used to know (ha.) At this stage, you can just be thankful that you remember half.

In Fun.