Thursday, June 27, 2013

Titles

If you are  looking for something to read, I want to offer some titles.  And by the way, I would encourage everyone to read, not just for enjoyments sake, but to read to learn.  To read to open up the paradigm of one's mind.  I love a good book of stories, but I also love the books that cause me to stop and rethink my path.  We never grow when all we read simply reinforces what we already think.  The best books cause us to really think about who we are and how we live.

Here are some pretty good titles, most of them are available at the church bookstore.

The Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer
The Orthodox Heretic, by Peter Rollins [coming soon]
Total Forgiveness, by R.T. Kendall
The Velvet Elvis, by Rob Bell
Walking on Water, by Anthony Demello
What's so Amazing about Grace, by Phillip Yancey

If you have not read all of these, I encourage you to pick one of them up.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: