Monday, June 3, 2013

Sales

Sometimes people ask me about the weather.  Hey, today is the golf tournament.  Can you get us some good weather?  Jeff, can you get the rain to hold off?

I like to respond, "I am in sales, not management."

This reminds me of another saying that is often used, "opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management."  It seems to me that there are a lot of Christians, and a lot of Pastors who have forgotten this.  They come to think that their ideas about God are the only right ones.  When we get to feeling this way, we can become a very heavy burden to those around us.  No one likes an arrogant Christian.

None of us are as smart as we think.  We all need to be in submission to our Father.  None of us know as much as we think we know.  I have come to believe that when we die and fly up towards the pearly gates, about 80% of what we think we know is just going to fall off.  We will be left with some very simple truths. 

Did I love God?  Did I love my neighbor?  Did I do for the least of these? 
Well done good and faithful servant.  Enter into the joy of the Lord.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management.  And I find some consolation in that.  I don't have to know everything.  I can trust in God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Jeff, this is all in fun and kidding, but today is the kind of day at the tournament that "ministerially speaking" you should be taking credit for. You can save the more serious "sales/management" posts for a day when it rains all day for the outing.

We like to kid with you.