Wednesday, August 16, 2017

angry

Sometimes I get angry.  Sometimes you get angry.  I wish it were not so, but it is.

We get angry when things happen that we don't like, and there is no clear means to fix the thing.  Many situations in life are beyond our control.  And as my mother always said, we can't control what others do, but we can control what we do.

Sometimes I can go to bed and sleep angry off.  Sometimes it takes several nights to sleep an anger off.  I don't like being angry, but  it's a feeling that we all have from time to time and it is ok to have.  If you need to be angry, let yourself feel it, but don't put roots down there.  Don't become embittered.

When I look at things that people do that make me angry, their actions usually fall into one of three categories:
1.  they did not mean to hurt me
2.  they thought they were doing the right thing
3.  their ego was small and they needed to hurt me

If I can identify any of those three thoughts in relationship to why I am mad, it helps me to understand the other person and move through the anger.

At the end of the day, I choose to hold on to my anger or I choose to work on it, and move on.    I hope if you are angry, that reading this blog will help you.  May we all find the grace to release others who have hurt us.  Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us.

It's still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

or then there is Yesterday's blog (to "get over it") ?