Friday, August 4, 2017

work part deux

As a follow up to yesterday's post - and thanks to SG for those words, as a follow up, I would like to comment on work.

I love to work.  I always have.  Well I didn't when I was young, but by the time I was 15, I was a working fool.  I just don't sit still very well.  I work all day and make lists at night for what I am going to do tomorrow.  Everything that we have, Cathy and I worked hard for, for a long time.

I loved the work of a pastor.  But I love so many things.  I love to paint, to trim trees, to lay tile, and clean out drains.  I love to build shelves, plant flowers, work on the sprinkler system and replace rotten boards.

There is so much good stuff to do in this life.

Paul wrote, "If a man would not work, neither should he eat." 2 Thess. 3:10

I don't know about you, but I don't want to give up eating.  Lets go find something to do.  Work is good.

It's a beautiful day to work in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

see U Didn't retire! u r blessed to do many different things to enjoy

Unknown said...

I don't like to work. I don't like the restrictions of how long to take a break or eat my lunch or when my work day will end. However, I like to be pleasantly busy. On my own terms. I'm thinking that's what you meant too.