Tuesday, August 15, 2017

St. Joseph

This is pretty funny. So my friend from Cape Coral, Ken Fox, gave me a foxtail palm. A little bitty one. It was about a foot tall. It came in a pot, but after a few months, I decided it was time to plant it in the yard. So I got my garden kneeling pad, my trowel and a watering can.

I set out to dig. The first place that I chose turned out to be an ant's nest. So I moved over a foot. I started to dig. Very quickly I hit something. I thought, hmm, a rock, hmm a root. Then I noticed something- the thing was orange and appeared to be hexagonal. I kept digging. I could see that there was this plastic something buried in the yard.

I started to pull on it. I thought It was a child’s toy. Batman?  He-man? Then I got it out and I saw that it was an 8” statue of St. Francis. Now I love St. Francis, so I thought that it was a little statue that had been knocked down and covered over by the sands of time.

I cleaned him off and stood him up next to the foxtail palm wanna be.

A few weeks later my friends tim and Kathy came to visit and I was telling them about the St. Francis statue that I found in the backyard. They told me that there is a tradition that if you want to get a blessing to sell your home quickly, you bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down in your backyard. I went and looked, and sure enough, it was not St. Francis, it was St. Joseph. Someone years ago was hoping to sell the house. Now today, I have a beautiful palm waking to it’s life, guarded by a statue of St. Joseph.

You never know what you will find when you dig in your back yard.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've tried it 2x but dont think it Really worked, however I put mine in the front yard .,. .. so someday I will try it again