Monday, August 21, 2017

I have a problem

My mom used to say, "no one makes you mad.  You choose to be mad."  We humans like to blame our issues on others.  Look what they did to me.  I am so mad about them.  Their behavior did not suit me.  They have done me wrong.

Someone once said, if I have a problem with someone, then I have a problem.  That means that I am able to, or I should be able to separate my reaction from what has happened.  I can react to something in the news and be upset, or I can see that it is still a beautiful day.  Most of what we get upset about we can't remember in a week anyway.

Maybe this has happened to you.... someone that you haven't seen in a month comes up and you start talking.  They ask about a situation that you were concerned about a month ago, but now, just a few weeks later, you can't remember it.  They have to remind you- but it seemed so important at the time.

We worry too much.  We waste too much time being upset over things that we cannot control.  The only thing that I can control is me.  I have the power to see the good or not.  If I have a problem with you, then I have a problem.

But I love you, so I don't have a problem.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: