Friday, August 25, 2017

Redwoods


For 12 years I have taken an annual trip, a pilgrimage to the Redwood forest.  I have actually missed the trip the last two years with all of the moving going on.  But this year, I have again made it to the Redwoods.  In the past I have always gone south, to Loma Mar, Pescadero, and Felton, California.  This year I decided to go north.  I am staying in Ft. Bragg California in Mendocino County.


On Wednesday I got up at 4am.  My flight left Melbourne Florida at 6am.  I arrived in San Francisco at noon, which is 3pm Florida time.  I rented a car and drove 4 hours to Ft. Bragg.  Long day of travel.


Yesterday was my first day of doing what I do in the redwood forest.  Hike in.  Find a place to sit.  To sit, to reflect, and read.

In the first picture you see an old redwood stump that was cut after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.  It is surrounded by 5 or 6- 100 year old trees that sprung from it's roots.  I'm sure that there is an interesting lesson there.  We are all cut down at some point.... what will spring from our roots?

The last picture is my typical setting.  A picnic table in the shade of the redwoods.  A little reading, a little reflecting, a little talking with God.

Times like this should be required for every human.  It is so refreshing to renew your soul in the quiet.

It's a beautiful day, it's a beautiful week in God's world, be sure to see the good.





Travel with Pastor Jeff

Italy's Historic and Religious Sites
November 7-16, 2017
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace, reflection, renew strength of spirit and dreams. Wow, what a gift and yes it should be a human requirement for all of us to carve out moments of time. Blessings

Unknown said...

dear u - what a peaceful exilarating, awesome, experience u sound like a "joyful Jeff" again glad for u