Friday, August 18, 2017

predictable outcomes

There is a country western song titled, God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy.

Sometimes I watch what people do and I wonder what were they thinking.  I want to use the Dr. Phil line, "so how is that working for you?"

Mostly you can just watch decisions that are made sometimes and know that the out come is predictable.
Make bad money decisions- the outcome is predictable.  Eventually you are broke.
Make bad people decisions- the outcome is predictable.  Eventually you are alone.

Now I have made plenty of bad decisions in my life.  I am sure that people, my Father for sure, would sometimes watch me and shake their heads..... the outcome of my choices was predictable.

But, here is to making good choices.  We can't control what others do, but we can control what we do.  What are my choices today?  What will the outcomes be?

We only go around once in this life.  Freewill is a gift from God.  Let's get our ego out of the way and choose well.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a Sunday School teacher when I was in elementary drill into us "what you will be , you are now becoming". You are right about choices because that most often determines our health for our body, soul and spirit. It was such a simple but profound truth that I have never forgotten it.