Wednesday, August 2, 2017

blind

There is color blind.  There is snow blind.  There is another kind of blindness where we can see the faults of others but cannot see our own.  This kind of blindness is self inflicted and self perpetuated.

Why is it that I can see the arrogance in you, but not the arrogance in me?  Why is it that I detest your bad habits but excuse my own?  Why does your behavior rub me the wrong way, but I cannot see the very same behavior executed by me?  Why am I upset when you drive like that but I do the very same thing sometimes?

Thank God that Jesus cures blindness.  But he doesn't force us to see.  We have to want to see.  We have to want to change.  We have to take the initiative to look inside of ourselves and see what is really there.  The good news is that if you look inside and don't like what you see, you can always make a change for the better.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: