Saturday, August 5, 2017

my life, your life

I was talking to someone the other day and they said something like, "the mess that is the story of my life."  Then they went on to recount to me all of the mistakes that they have made along the way and how badly they still feel about some of the choices that they made.

I told them, I said, "stop."

Stop.  Just stop.  No one is perfect.  Everyone has a story.  Everyone makes mistakes.  If you are still feeling badly about something that you did in the past, just stop it.  Life is too good and too short to waste an hour or a day feeling badly.  Jesus never shamed anyone.  Do not shame yourself.  Some people waste the rest of their life suffering over something that they did in the past.

Wake up.  Live.  It makes God happy when we bring a smile to the gift that is this day.  My life is not perfect, neither is yours.  But today is a new day.  Today is a good day.  Let's go get after it and give ourselves fully and joyfully to this day.

It is a beautiful guilt free day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

our guilt-free day can come from "our confidence in His faithfullness"