Saturday, July 28, 2018

an amazing story

This wonderful story is from my friend Jennifer.

When I was a little girl (10-12) years old, my friend Sheila came to my house to hang out. We played "school" in my room.
After Sheila went home that night I noticed that the hidden box where I kept my birthday money was empty. EMPTY! Earlier that day my birthday money was in the box! The box didn't have a hole in the bottom. The birthday money was no where. I told my mom and we looked high and low in my room. My mom yelled at me for being irresponsible with my money. I told her that I thought Sheila might have stolen my money.

The next day I remember going with my mom and dad to Sheila's house to talk to her and her parents. I was nervous about blaming her for something she may or may not have done. I remember her dad saying firmly, "My kids don't steel".

I remember walking out of Sheila's house feeling sad that I blamed her and sad that I would't have any birthday money that year. I'm sure I had my eye on the latest toy or gadget from 1984 and was probably planning to use my birthday money to make the purchase but not that year. My birthday money was gone.

Last week I received a letter in the mail from my friend Sheila. There was a note and a $50 bill. The note stated off with this, "I need to apologize and return something that was yours, it has been on my heart for 30+ years."

My jaw hit the floor! I don't remember how much birthday money was taken and it doesn't matter. What matters is that my friend reached out after thirty-something years to apologize and return something she took from me. She asked in the note if I would please accept her apology. Of course! Of course I accept it! How could you have carried this with you for so long? Please free your heart of this guilt and never let it weigh on you another day.

Friends, it's never to late too apologize and it's never too late to make amends. Lay it out, be truthful and be thankful for friends.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: