Sunday, July 22, 2018

shaming is never acceptable

It is a beautiful shame free day in God's world, or at least it should be.

I received an email, yesterday July 21st from a dear friend who reminded me that when we call other people sinners, it hurts them.  We humans are funny.  We want to point out smoking or such as a sin, but over eating?  Never.  Not if it is my sin.  Think about that for a minute.  We have no room to point a finger at anyone.

Oh.  I so agree, when we call someone a sinner, it hurts them.  I did not mean in any of my posts to declare who the sinners are.  I think we are all sinners but I do not believe that it is our place to tell others that they are sinning.  They have God for that. 

Some people have been so shamed by the church and well meaning Christians that they have taken their own lives.  How tragic. Tragic. TRAGIC!

People are here to be loved, not judged.  It is not our job to call others sinners.  It is our job to love them.  If your church taught you to point the finger at others, then your church taught you wrong.  We are to love and embrace everyone, just as Jesus did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: