Wednesday, July 4, 2018

July 4

Reflections on July 4th.  Read the whole post please.

When I was a kid I thought our country was perfect.  Over the years I learned that we have been involved in some questionable wars.  I have learned that we have done some things behind the scenes that were not so nice.  We have propped up dictators who had terrible human rights violations.  Our Congressmen and Senators seem more interested in their pockets than the country.  We conveniently got into a war with Mexico and ended up with California, Arizona and New Mexico.

All of that said, I can not think of another place where I would rather live.  I have been to Mexico, Canada, Nicaragua, Mozambique, France, Italy and Russia.  I wouldn't trade Missouri or Florida for any of that.

I am thankful today for the opportunities that my parents and this country gave and give me. 

  • freedom
  • the abundance of food
  • the ability to travel from state to state or country to country
  • the right to vote
  • a college education
  • the right to have as many children as I want
  • the right to associate with whomever I choose
  • the freedom of worship


Yes our country is not perfect, but it is a wonderful place to live.  Happy Birthday America!

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs



No comments: