Sunday, July 29, 2018

Is this helpful?

How is this helpful?

This little church is 3/4 of a mile from our house.  I am sure that they think that they are doing the Lord's work.  However, this is the message that I think signs and statements like this give off.

1.  We are in and you are out.
2.  We are right and you are wrong.
3.  We get it... come in here and we will teach you the right way.
4.  If you don't you are going to burn in hell

I would like to say that I personally find such messages to be arrogant, not helpful, and just plain wrong.  They are driving away the very people that they had hoped to win.  Today's society does not respond positively to shame.  It is no wonder that so many churches are having trouble keeping their doors open.  There are so many painful messages going out from so many churches.

I hope that you and I can do everything that we can to love others and counter messages such as this.  Life is short.  Love is needed.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: