Thursday, July 5, 2018

reflections on my birthday

Today I am 61.  My sisters and I are chatting quite a bit about becoming 61 and 62 because mom died at 62 years, 363 days.

Reflections on my life.

I have been so blessed.  I have a wonderful wife and three wonderful kids.  I have had the privilege of serving wonderful churches.  All of them were wonderful.  You guys helped me grow up.  You raised my kids.  You welcomed and accepted me.  It is hard to believe that I got paid for hanging around the church, preaching, and loving people.

Now I am partly retired.  I love the church that I am serving, or I should say that I love the people.  I have another little part time gig with my buddy Derek.  My family is comfortable.  I have so much to be thankful for.

I want to thank each of you, and I looked the other day and there are 700+ people that read or get this blog.  I want to thank each of you for loving me.

On my 61st birthday I want to say to myself and to anyone else that is listening... we get caught up in so much stuff that is hurtful...  love them instead.  Love them all.  It is the only thing that matters.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: