Monday, July 23, 2018

retired but not done

A lovely friend of mine was bothered by my post about being retired.  They were worried that I was hanging it all up and just going to sit around and do nothing.

Let me clarify.  My relationship with the United Methodist Church is "retired."  However, I am serving a church part time in Ft. Pierce, Florida and I am loving it.  This assignment only goes through November 2018.  At that time, I may be offered another church, and maybe not.

Even if I am not serving a church, I will still write the blogs, I will still answer emails, and I will still love every person that I can.  I am not quitting.  We may retire from a job, but Christians never retire from sharing God's love.  I will be looking for every way possible for me to do that.

One thing that I plan on doing in November if I do not take another church is to hang my hat out there as a consultant to local churches.  Churches are going through difficulty right now anyway, but after February with the special called General Conference and the issues surrounding "The Way Forward," there may be churches that could use the advice of a 61 year old guy who has been around the block.  My plan would be to keep the cost of that to a bare minimum.

Anyway, you get my point, I am not quitting.  If I don't have a church after November, I may record a sermon from time to time if I think I have something to say.

That's all.  Hope that clears it up!  Love you all.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: