Saturday, July 7, 2018

another great day!

I am celebrating last Tuesday, June 26th.  I am actually writing this on June 26, celebrating today!
I wasn't working and my wife was out of town so it was a day for me to catch up on things.

I slept well.  11pm - 5am.
I got a cup of coffee.
I watched the news.
I watched ESPN Sport Center's top ten plays from the day before.

At 6:30 I started working on the truck's rear brakes.  The rotors were stuck on of course, but I learned a cool way to get them off.  The brakes were done by 8:30.  I had done the fronts a few weeks ago, so now I am in a good stopping truck.

I built a shelf for my wife's closet.

I hung two towel racks.

I went and got a haircut.  I bought a saw blade at Harbor Freight tools.  I went to the grocery store and bought a tomato and a head of lettuce.  Do you see where that is going???

I went home and at 12:30 made myself a wonderful BLT sandwich.  MMMMM.  Yummie.

All of this before lunch time!!!  How exciting.  Gosh we should be excited for every day shouldn't we?

Randomly at lunch I was listening to music and one of my favorite songs, Into the Mystic by Van Morrison came on.  I have loved that song for years.  I thought as I listened, when did I first hear the song?  And I remembered that it is on the sound track of the movie Patch Adams.  Another great movie.  I was watching Patch Adams with Robin Williams and I heard that song and loved it.

click to listen to into the mystic

This afternoon I am going to meet by daughter and one of her friends and my Florida friend Jeff.  We are going to drink a beer and throw some cornhole.  [dumb name for the game]
The other thing that I am going to do this afternoon and into the evening is hurt.  Every bone in my body is sore from the brake job.

Sore isn't bad though.  It reminds us that we are still among the living.
I hope you had a great day on June 26th and every one since.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: