Monday, July 16, 2018

It is a gift to say, "I love you"

From my friend, Di...

I LOVE YOU

How often do you hear these words? From how many different people? How often do you say them?

Until about a year ago I only heard them consistently from one person.. not daily but often. Now I have been blessed with another person in my life that tells me this just about every day. So I have 2 people.

This morning the thought of that made me sad...
I thought about the person I love dearly and that I speak those words to everyday - very rarely getting more than a mumble in reply. I thought about the person that died a couple of years ago and all I wanted was to hear those words whispered to me. Yes. I know they love me but there is something about hearing it that makes a body feel good. Strips away the anxiety. Warms the heart. Lifts the spirits.

I thought about my friends that hear this all the time. Even several times a day. I stop myself before I start wallowing in self-pity and get stuck in the comparison trap. Instead I hope they realize how blessed they are.

I thought about the people that don't have anyone. That really made me sad.

Now as I write this an inspiration strikes me. I do have someone else..I have God. He loves me so much!!  I just need to be quiet so I can hear.
I need to open my eyes and really look around. Breathe deeply and smell. Eat slowly and taste. Reach out and feel.

Quit rushing through each day. Stop. Be grateful. Share His love with others. Help them to know.

God is love.
God loves me and God loves you!

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: