Thursday, July 19, 2018

With

If you are getting the idea that I have no original thoughts, you have probably hit upon something. I would tell you that some of my best thoughts come from you guys.

My friend Pat wrote in regarding the potential split in the Methodist Church: "What’s tragic is that one central point of Christ’s ministry is to teach us how to be “with” one another. I firmly believe that with is the most important four letter word in the New testament."

With. With. Is there any Christianity really if we are alone? Didn't Jesus gather people around him? And while I am on this subject, where is the phrase "personal relationship with God" found in the Bible? It isn't. Now I am all for personal relationships with God, but has our insistence on keeping faith private and personal allowed us to push away anyone that we wanted? Has it allowed us to ignore the plight of many needy people in the world? The Good Samaritan did not have a private faith, he had a "with" faith.

We are all in this together. Everyone matters. Even those with whom we disagree.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: