Friday, July 20, 2018

Soul Awareness

One of my friends asked me to write something about soul awareness.

Yes.  There is this 6th sense.  There is this knowing that cannot be explained.  There are these experiences where we meet someone that we have never met, yet there is some connection.  There are those in this life to which we feel an other worldly bond.

My friend Paul Dodds used to tell  me that when you have those feelings for someone, that you were neighbors or cousins in heaven before you were born.  Maybe so, I don't know.

I do believe that the spiritual world, though unseen, is just as real as the physical world.  From time to time, I sense the presence of loved ones who have died.  I have a feeling for a person that is so special, it goes so far beyond what I would normally expect.  Love is deeply spiritual and deeply soulful.

It is all around us, yet so many people live life as if the most important things are whether or not I can get my car in front of yours.  Or who has the most or biggest toys.

When we are stuck in the world of stuff, it is easy to forget that we are all souls on this journey.  Not that we have souls, we are souls.  How would today look differently if you and I saw everyone that we met, not as a random human, but as a living soul?

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: