Wednesday, July 18, 2018

worth splitting over?

Another thought that came from a dialogue with one of you readers.

A friend wrote in... my husband and I were discussing this while we were driving back from Texas and it just seems interesting that this [homosexuality] is the one issue that the Methodist church has decided is worth splitting the church over if necessary. What about all the homeless people, the hungry children, the poor all around us? To me, those issues seem much more important and life threatening to some.   I have been going to a Methodist church every week since I was born and it seems like kind of a silly issue to hang our hat on.

I find this to be a fascinating thought.  We Methodists have stayed together even though we have had different views on politics, abortion, gambling, capital punishment and the list goes on.  But on this one, it appears that we might be throwing in the towel.  Sad indeed.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: