Wednesday, July 11, 2018

I am retired

The internet has given us an unprecedented ability to stay in touch and keep up with each other.  In a matter of seconds we can reach out and wish each other happy birthday or ask a question.  We are living in a very different time.

In 1994 I moved from one church to another.  There was no internet, no email, no blogs, no texting and no cell phones.  Back then if someone wanted to stay in touch with me, they sent a card or made a phone call on a land line [remember those?]

Today because of all of the electronic stuff, we can stay in touch, and we do.  And I am glad to stay in touch with you.  I am glad that you read my daily blogs.  I am glad that we share email.  However, I can only be your friend, or your former pastor.  You have a new pastor.  I can love you and you can love me, but I cannot serve the role that I used to fill for you [unless you go to the Ft Pierce church.]

In Princeton and Mercer, Shawn is your pastor.  In Lee's Summit, Robyn is your pastor. In Cape Coral, Chuck is your pastor.  And after November 2018 in Ft Pierce, Tim will be your pastor.

I love you and I am fine with us staying in touch but I want you to lean in to your pastor.  I want you to love and support them.  As a former pastor I know, they need your love and support.  Hug them, look them in the eye.  Thank them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: