Friday, February 22, 2019

best day of my life part 2

Gosh this could be a great series of blogs.  Reminiscing on the best days of my life.  I could talk about getting married, I could talk about the days that my children were born.  I could talk about being ordained in 1991 by Bishop W. T. Handy.  I could talk about playing softball.  I could talk about so many things.

Today I want to tell you about a very difficult day for me.  Mid January 2017... I had just announced that I was leaving Cape Coral.  After 7 months in the appointment, I was shattered.  I was a broken man.  I had done what my Father taught me never to do... I had quit something.  [long pause] 

Believe me, I gave consideration to every option before doing so.  Anyway, I was low, very low.  I had loaded up my 2006 Honda Civic with about everything that it could hold.  There would be many more such trips back and forth, cleaning out the parsonage and moving back to Vero Beach.  Gosh just listening to the description of this day would make a person wonder how this day becomes a best day.

So I am driving toward LaBelle, FL.  Sulking, crying, wondering, doubting, hurting, totally lost as to where my life was going.  And the phone rings.

Jeff, this is Kent Miller.  "I am not ready for this to be over yet."

WOW!!! What powerful words.  In a moment where I think everything is over, a friend from Cape Coral says that it is not over.  Now I am smiling as I remember that moment.  It took a sad heart and made it glad.  It was as if he reached down, put his hand on me and healed me.

In the last two years Kent and I have stayed in touch.  We shared a hurricane together last year, boarded up in the Vero Beach house.  We had dinner this week.

He is a very good man.
Nothing is ever quite as over as you may think.
Don't cha know.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: