Saturday, February 16, 2019

movement away from self

Some people respond to pain with anger.  This isn't fair.  This isn't right.  They are mad at life and mad at God.

Some people don't understand that life is not about them and what they want.  So when things don't go their way, they are upset.

But pain and difficulty can be used by a person to grow.  Difficulty reminds me that I am not in control.  The illusion of my invincible ego is shattered by pain.  I am not in charge.  There is something bigger than me.

Don't fight God over something that you don't like, fall into God.

Release yourself from wanting it all to go your way.  Don't fight life, enter it.  Savor it.  Life is a fleeting gift, best lived when we take it all in, the good and the bad.  It was never about me and it is always going to be bigger than I am.

Difficulty does not bring the loss of self, but the flowering of it.  
                                                     Martin Laird

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: