Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Why we are not happy

Sometimes we are not happy.  Something did not go our way.  The world did not align itself to make me happy. 

How silly it is that we think that things should go my way.  How silly to think that somehow the world will make me happy if I get what I want.

We are unhappy when we don't get what we want, and then often still unhappy when we do.  As long as we want more, we are going to feel disappointed.

Oh, I wish the world would align itself to make me happy.

What if the real problem is not the world, not the world aligning itself.  What if the real problem is me and my crazy expectations for the world.  Who or what ever taught me that I have a right to demand that the world line up in such a fashion?

Reality is what it is. I need to learn to change my expectations so that I can be happy whether I get what I want or not.

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. [I have learned to be content because Jesus helps me to stop wanting everything.] Philippians 4:11-13

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs


No comments: