Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Make friends

Years ago I was telling my friend Tim about a new problem that had come into my life. He said, well you better make friends with that.

This is not what I wanted to hear. He was right, but it was not what I wanted to hear. Over the years I have done as he suggested, I have made friends, I have made peace with the difficulty.

None of us want difficulty in our lives, but it comes to each of us. We can fight it, and it controls our life. We can become angry and bitter. But why?

If we really believe in not worrying and in trusting God, then we need to take a chill pill and come to grips with some of the bad things that come our way.

For me, my list includes:
  • occasional loneliness
  • a sagging face
  • muscle atrophy
  • abdominal adhesions
  • a very bad knee
  • kids that don't always do what I think they should
  • a chronic lung disease
  • missing deceased friends
  • missing being a senior pastor

Gosh guys the world just won't align itself to make me happy!!!

These items have become guests in the house of our life. We can fight them, or we can make friends with them. Fight them and you are miserable. Welcome them and we begin to understand life. We free ourselves to live.

It's not a beautiful day because everything is copacetic. It is a beautiful day because in spite of the rain, the clouds, and our list of issues, we choose to see the good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: