Sunday, February 24, 2019

best day of my life part 3

Graduation Party 2009
What a day this was!

Left to right, Allison, me, Jennifer, Cathy, Scott.

This is Friday, January 23rd, 2009.  After years of hard work, while working full time, my wife Cathy has graduated from college.  This is not an easy feat when you are working full time.

Now it is time to celebrate.  Here is the story.

Back in '09 I had a friend that owned a lemo.  Cathy and I went to dinner at Buffalo Wild wings in Independence.  I told her that our friends would be picking us up at a particular time to go to some party.  I selected a table where I could see out the window.   I told the server that we would be leaving soon and I paid the bill upfront.  Cathy and I ate our food and drank a beer and told stories.  Then the lemo pulled up.

It is a snowy night in Kansas City.  We get in the Lemo and our friends are not there.  I ask the driver [who is onto all of this] where are our friends.  He says that they will meet us up in a bit.  He drives around the snowy streets for about 20 minutes and we enjoyed the pampered feeling that only comes from riding in a lemo.

Finally the driver pulls up to the Blue Roof house.  This is the former home of Kansas City's Secret Santa, Larry Stewart.  The house is now a clubhouse.  I have texted ahead to our friends inside the clubhouse and when we walk in the door 50 of our dearly loved friends shout out "surprise!!!"

Cathy has no idea what is going on.  She does not know that this is a party for her.  Her friends come and put a sash on her that says "graduate."  She has not seen the children for weeks and now they have all come home from college to surprise her.

We spend the next three hours listening to the DJ spin the tunes, eating, drinking and hugging friends.

I will always look back on this day as one of my favorite days.
Every human should have a day where they are surprised with a celebration of who they are.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: