Friday, February 8, 2019

my last 24 hours


A friend of mine passed away last week.  Good person, good heart, ready to meet Jesus.  She was but a few years older than me.  As always, things like this cause us to think of our own mortality.

What would I like to do with the last 24 hours of my life?  If I knew that my life would end on a Friday at 10pm and I could orchestrate the final 24 hours, what would I do?

I would line you up, single file.  And then, one by one, I would look you in the eyes and tell you that I loved you.  I would hug you and tell you that I love you.  I would thank you.

Tim, Kathy, Bruce, Kim, David, Gina, Paul, Billie, MaryAnn, Sharon, Cathy, Alli, Jenny, Scott, Carlotta, Chris, Tim, John, David, Rick, Pam, Nancy, Alan, Nancy, Brian, Jane, Doug, Karla, Greg, Betsy, Martha, Kathy, Len, Joan, Kim, Matt, Sherri, Donna, Lewis, John, Valerie, Hubert, Betty, Billie, Dick, Mary, Becky, Tim, on and on and on and on and on.  [don't feel bad if I left your name off, I still love you.]

I hug you and I love you and I thank you.  24 hours of saying, I love you.  That is what I would do with the last 24 hours of my life.

That would be a beautiful day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: