Friday, February 1, 2019

I was once better

I was watching a TV show and the main character said, "Once upon a time I was a better version of myself."

That struck a chord in me. I used to be able to run.  I used to be able to lift heavy things.  I never took naps.  I used to know how life was supposed to go.   Maybe I just thought I knew what life was about and I was carrying it out. Cross the T‘s and dot the I's. Now I am older and everything is more complicated.  There are no simple answers anymore.

But, maybe today's version of me is good too.  While I can no longer do much of what I used to do, there are some things that I can do.   What does it mean today for me to be the best version of me?  I think it boils down to loving God and loving others.  What good is it to run if we cannot love?  What good is it to be smart if we do not love?

A new commandment I give unto you.  Love one another.
                                                        Jesus

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: