Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 21st

January 21st was National Hugging Day.  I missed it.  I even had it on my calendar, but I missed it.  It came and went and I don't even know if I hugged anyone that day. 

When I first came into ministry, we hugged everyone.  On the way out of church, everyone got a hug.  Over the years, various stories of misbehavior and boundaries training has changed that.  Now I can hug you, but you have to initiate it.  You have to let me know that it is ok to hug.

Having said that, a hug is a beautiful thing.  To just let someone know that you care about them is an amazing gift.

I don't think that the point of National Hugging Day is to say that we should on hug on January 21st.  It is a reminder of the need that we have to be close, the need that we have to be loved, the need that we have to matter to someone.

I missed National Hugging Day, but today I am going to hug someone.  What about you?

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: