Saturday, January 5, 2019

Kleenex

I don't think that Kleenex was around when I was a kid.  At least we could not afford it.  My dad always carried a handkerchief and I got them for Christmas and my birthday.  I can not explain the joy that I felt when I opened a present and it was a handkerchief.

Today we have Kleenex.  All over the house we have Kleenex.  With lotion, without lotion.  Traditional box, square box, little travel packets.  Kleenex Kleenex everywhere.  I am actually grateful for it because for some reason in Florida, my sinuses do funny things.  Even if I don't have a cold, every morning, after my cup of coffee, there is a massive nose blowing.

[Time out for a joke- you only get one nose in life, so don't blow it.]

It sounds odd, but the other day after blowing my nose, I remembered the old days of handkerchiefs and I felt heartwarmingly grateful for Kleenex.

Just so you know, Kleenex was first used in America in 1924.  It was marketed to women to remove facial cream.  Some years later, they began running ads inviting people to use them instead of the handkerchief.  Their slogan was, "don't carry a cold around in your pocket."

The next time that you think that you have nothing to be thankful for, remember the slimy disgusting hankies that your mom and dad would smash on your face and tell you to blow. 

I am thankful for Kleenex.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: