Saturday, January 12, 2019

need a counselor

I have thought of this story several times in the past month.  It is from one of Anthony deMello's books.

A 32 year old man goes to the counselor.  He is filled with depression and anxiety.  The counselor asks him about his life.

The young man says, "I am 32 years old.  I don't work.  I live with my parents.  They feed me and take me on vacations.  My mom cleans my room.  I don't have to do any work around the house.  All I ever do is play video games."

The counselor asks the young man, "so why are you so anxious."

The answer, "I am afraid that my parents might run away."

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: