Monday, January 28, 2019

Hungry

From my friend Pat-

Its warm here in Southern California.(That’s really not germaine to this note, but I couldn’t resist since its single digits in KC). We were outside for lunch the other day having a sandwich. There were sparrows aplenty in the bushes near us. And of course they were hungry. Sparrows are always hungry.

I thought of Christ’s speech about worry. Why worry? God takes care of even the smallest sparrow; he’ll take care of you. But I contrasted that statement to the fact they were clearly hungry.(every notice how animals in the wild seem to spend the bulk of their time looking for food. We don’t realize how good we have it). How do you reconcile that God takes care of these small creatures with their constant hunger? A quandary for me, so I did the only thing I knew to do: I fed them the bread from my sandwich.

Who are you feeding today?


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: