Friday, January 18, 2019

7 mph

I was having breakfast with Len from church yesterday.  He was talking about building a float for his wife's elementary classroom.  He said that he learned that you can never drive over 7 mph while pulling a float or it will come apart.

I got to thinking about working on floats as a kid.  Some adult would build a frame and cover it with chicken wire.  Then we young ones, would stuff tissue paper into the chicken wire.  We made some nice floats when I was young.  The bad thing was that they took a great deal  of time and effort to make, and then were only used once.  A hundred hours or more of work, for one hour of a parade.  Then the float is demolished.  Seems like a bit of a waste...

How many things in this life have I spent an inordinate amount of time on, and then it is barely used, then demolished?  As I get older [and getting older beats the alternative] as I get older I am thinking more about how I use my time.  I want to spend my effort on things that are important and things that are lasting.

And I don't think that I could drive 7 mph anytime, ever.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs


No comments: