Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Edward

I was in Ft. Lauderdale last Friday to participate in a wedding with Rev. Angie Mcneil, a fine young Methodist pastor from Missouri. It was a two hour drive from my home in Vero Beach so when I got to Lauderdale I was hangry. I stopped at burger king to tank up before continuing on to the hotel.

As I walked from the car to the building, a young man said,  "Hello sir, how are you?"
I said, "fine. Are you hungry?"   [I could tell that he was]

He said yes. I said come on. He was walking 15 feet behind me so I stopped and waited for him to catch up.  I reached out my hand to shake his hand. What is your name? Edward.  Nice to meet you, I am Jeff.

Edward was from Hollywood Florida. He had a friend with him from Virginia. They were anxiously hungry so I didn't want to pry anymore as to what brought them to their current state.

We got in line in burger king. His Virginia friend joined us. I told them to get whatever they wanted. Edward ordered 2 chicken sandwiches. His friend ordered a shake. I ordered six double cheeseburgers and a diet coke. Edward said thank you and asked why I was helping them. I said, no one should be hungry.

The food came out and we all sat down to eat together in a booth. I got two extra bags and put 2 doubles in each one. [You really did not think that I could eat six of them did you?] I gave them the bags. These are for later. I gave them each $5. I had to go. I shook their hands and said, may good things come your way.

They were deeply appreciative of the food. But also that someone sat with them. Someone did not judge them. Someone helped them feel as if they mattered in this life.

I pray that good things come their way.

And that is the way it was, Friday December 28th, 2018

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: