Thursday, January 17, 2019

the dumps

So I am writing this in hopes that it will get me out of the dumps.  What can be so terrible you say that I am in the dumps?  Good question.  And when I tell you what it is, you will feel all the more that my issues are no big deal.  But isn't that how we humans roll?

Here is why I am in the dumps today [by the time you read this, yesterday]
1.  I spent the afternoon yesterday installing a wall shelf system.  Today I can see that the shelf is crooked.  I am going to have to take it down and reinstall it.  I will take about an hour, but it has to be done.

2.  I spent too much money the other day.

3.  I sold something online and the buyer is unhappy.  He says that my description is dishonest.  Ouch.  Sorry.   I sent 12 pictures before he bought.  I am giving him a 100% refund plus shipping costs but it hurts when someone [even an electronic person online] calls you dishonest.

So add that up and the dumps are here.

So.  I am writing in hopes that expressing this will cheer me up.  Let me pull some arrows out of the quiver and go to work on this bad attitude.

1.  These are small things and they will pass
2.  I am not sick and there is no tragic bad news in my life.
3.  I want to make these things right and that is a good thing.
4.  I will feel better once I do make them right.
5.  It probably won't take as long or be as bad as I think.
6.  This attitude is going to get in the way of me being nice to others.
7.  That's not good.  I want to be nice to others.

hmmm.  Ahhh.   Oooooo it's starting to work.  Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda...here I am at Camp Granada....
wait a minute, it's stopped raining, guys are swimming guys are sailing.  Playing baseball, gee that's bedda Mudda Fadda kindly disregard this ledda.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: