Wednesday, January 16, 2019

telling the story

Pastor Tim gave a sermon a couple of weeks ago about how we tell our story. I am paraphrasing him but he made a good point.... These days, we tell our story by how we treat others.

When I was a kid, sharing your faith was all about verbally telling others. We drove hundreds of people crazy over the years telling them. We were in, they were out, we were right, they were wrong. Let me tell you about Jesus. We told them and they hated it.

What we did not do was to show them. Today, wise Christians are telling their story by how they treat others, by how they love others.

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”  Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.   James 2:14-18

I think that a great slogan for any church would be, "we show our love for God by how we love others."

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: