Sunday, February 3, 2019

what to say to an angry person

A friend of mine wrote in and asked what she should say to an angry person.  I related this story to her.

A few weeks ago I was catching up with someone and they were going on and on about how angry and upset they were with President Trump.

[Now I don't agree with everything the President does, and that goes for Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc.]

But, do we want to spend our life being angry?  Do we want to spend this entire day being angry?  What a waste of time.  Can I fix the President?  Does the White House take my phone calls?  Protracted anger is a waste of time.

When we are angry we are off mission.  Anger keeps us from loving.  It keeps us from seeing people.  It is a barrier that disconnects us from others. 

Let's give up on the anger and lets spend our time loving. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs


No comments: