Wednesday, February 6, 2019

How you made me feel

People may or may not remember what you said.
People may or may not remember what you did.
People will always remember how you made them feel.

Someone might say, I am the boss.  I don't care how they feel.  I am the Father, I don't care how they feel.  I am the authority, I don't care how they feel.  Stop.  STOP!  In any setting, this is wrong and destructive thinking.

You can discipline a child without crushing their spirit.  You can direct, even terminate an employee without beating them down.  There is always a way to help someone feel loved.

A kind look, looking them in the eye.
A genuine smile.
Patient listening.
Seeking them out.
Words of encouragement.
A small gift.
Giving them attention.
A hug at the right time.

Are you a Pastor? Mother? Father? Employer?
They will remember how you made them feel.

If you are not good at helping people feel loved, then it is time to learn.  It is a huge core part of the Jesus stuff.

How do you make them feel?

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs


No comments: