Sunday, November 20, 2022

Deep dark place


I was sharing a meal with a friend.  I made the mistake of asking them how a member of their family was doing.  This is what they said, and I write this with permission...

Pointing to their chest they said, "see this black hole?  Go ahead, crawl in.  Crawl down into the dark twisting, turning, slimy tunnel region of my heart.  See if you can find the place where this story goes.  Be careful not to get lost in the darkness and the pain.  Leave some breadcrumbs so you can find your way out.  And if you find any answers while you are in there, let me know, because I don't have any."

Wow.  Ouch!!!  The wounds that some people carry are hard to fathom.  I pray for this friend and their family.

I also remind you, them and myself, that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.

It is still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.




No comments: