Saturday, November 5, 2022

Work

When I am not travelling with my favorite construction company, I work around the house or do handyman work for others.  Over the years I have built quite a network of handyman clients.

They all expect that you do the work well, but there are other attributes that the customers really appreciate.

1. return their calls/texts promptly
2. charge a fair price
3. actually show up when you tell them that you are.

It surprised me that people were having trouble getting handyman types to return calls or show up.  Being raised by Lutherans, I did not know that there was any other way.

People ask what kind of work I do.  In the past two weeks, I have been swamped with handyman work.  Here is some of what I have done.  Hang a bird house.  Remove, clean and reinstall ceiling vents.  Change bad lightbulbs.  Move furniture.  Install kitchen cabinet racks.  Replace parts on a gas grill.  Put new LED fixtures into ceiling can lights.  Hang pictures and misc.  Fix shower door.  Repair/replace rotten fence boards.  Install closet door.  Install window air conditioners.  New door knobs, new t.p. holders.  On and on the list must go.

Here are some pictures from the fence job...  

Old rotten fence stringer, buried in dirt and grass.

Old board revealed... getting ready to come out.

New board installed!!!

On one section, I had to crawl back behind some nasty fan palms to reattach fence boards.  I crawled over this big snake skin.  Later, I saw the live owner.  Snakes freak me out!!!


Replaced old rotten post.  Note the square hold in the concrete where the old post was.

I love to work.  It makes me happy.  It gives me a sense of fulfillment!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: