Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Sunday, October 30

On Sunday, October 30, I woke up. That [waking up] should’ve been in and of itself, enough to cause me to have a happy attitude. But for some reason I was still a bit grouchy and a bit down ... a bit off.  I am not sure why as there was no reason for it.

I drove to church and walked from the car to the door where I was met by June. June gave me a bulletin and a smile and I smiled back and I walked into the sanctuary. There, I saw one happy person after the next. They were happy to be in church, they were happy to see their friends, and they were happy to see me. In that moment I realized something very important.

There are many reasons to go to church. Being with friends and good people is at the top of the list. At church I find some great souls. At church I find people that I am connected to.

The Psalmist wrote, "I was glad when they said to me, let us go to the house of the Lord."

It makes me happy to see the people at church. They’re good people - - - I love them and they love me. Church is a happy place for me. I hope it is for you too. Go to church and smile at someone. Shake a hand and make a friend. You’ll be glad you did.

Just talking about being in church, writing this blog about it, brings a good feeling to my heart and a smile to my face!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: