Tuesday, November 22, 2022

eye to eye... friends forever...

A long time ago, I lost a friend. He didn’t die, he was just done with me. I understood what had happened, and although I considered the situation resolvable, it was not to be. It was a very painful experience for me. It took me 18 months to work through the grief.

During that time, I decided that I needed to cultivate new friends. I looked out into my collection of guys that I liked and I picked three. One ended up moving away, but the other two, I remain good friends with to this day.

I met one of them for lunch at Patty O Quiglies. It was the beginning of our friendship. I told him what had happened to me in the prior friendship and that I never wanted to experience a loss like that again. We looked each other in the eyes and agreed that we would never throw each other away.

Friends should never be thrown away. Unless a relationship is toxic, please work at keeping your friend relationships intact. In this life, they are among our most valuable commodities.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: