Friday, November 18, 2022

toilets and taxes

There are three ways that God keeps us humble.  Death, taxes and toilets.

In my life I have experienced some toilets that were pretty bad.  In Nicaragua, it was an outhouse.  In Russia, in some places, it was a hole in the floor.  In all such places, toilet paper is a luxury.

We Americans are so entitled.  We are used to such high standards.

In my construction work, I have had to get pretty close to some toilets.  Nasty, old, broken toilets that I had to replace or tile around.  Yeuch.

But someone has come to our rescue.  In order to make us even safer, someone invented the toilet seat cover that automatically advances to keep your bum safe from the last one.



I don't know that I have ever written about toilets.  But it is a pretty easy department to see how spoiled we are.  We should be thankful for running water.  We should be thankful for toilets.  But the whole process is humbling.

Death, taxes and toilets.  God's instruments in reminding us that we are not the end all, be all.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: