Thursday, November 10, 2022

I was a stranger

A woman from out of state passed away.  Her family heard of the Woods Chapel columbarium.  They asked if she could be interred there as it was near their home.  They thought it was a beautiful place to come and remember their mother.  I could not agree more.


Up to this point, over the past seven years, only members were placing ashes in the columbarium.  But would we make room for a stranger?  Yes of course!

I was filled with joy, not that the woman passed, but that WCC was making room for a stranger.  She will henceforth, never be a stranger.  And that is one of the purposes of church, to invite those who are afar off, into the family.

I was a stranger and you welcomed me.  That is a pretty heavy, pretty true, pretty needful, Jesus thing.

Welcome every stranger that you can.  In so doing, you will entertain angels unaware.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: