Monday, November 28, 2022

witnessing death

In my previous life as a Pastor, I had many opportunities to be with people as they passed away.  I noticed something that changed me.

Almost all were Christian.  Some died in peace.  Some were terrified.  I noticed a common theme.  Those who believed in a loving God, walked the last mile in peace.  Those who believed that God was mad at them, they were terrified.

Looking back, I realize that this story plays out in life, as in death.  If you are terrified of death because God is angry, then it is going to effect every moment of your living.  Every encounter, every time you contact another human, they are going to get a dose of your fear and guilt.

On the other hand, if you are at peace with God in this life, his love will pour through you.

Being at peace with God does not mean that you are perfect.  It does not mean that you are sinless.  It simply means that you have learned to believe that God loves you, no matter what.

Choose how you believe in God and thus choose the tenor of your life, and the character of your death.  As we live, so shall we die.

I am glad to believe in a God of love.  I hope that you do as well.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: