Sunday, December 3, 2023

But for the grace of God go I

Before we get to today's post, let me say that I will be in Kansas City this coming week, Tuesday thru Sunday.  I am coming to visit folks and to go to the Chiefs game on Sunday.  I will have some free time to do small handyman jobs.  If you live in the KC area and need help with small things Dec 5-11 you can reach out to me at jsbrink57@gmail.com.

Now on to today's post...

And so I was staying at this hotel in Omaha.  Next-door to it was a small homeless camp.  I am not sure that Omaha is a good place to be homeless in December.  But is there any location that is good to be homeless?



So, in the picture you can see why they chose this place.  Trees for shade and a hill for protection from the wind.

The thought struck me... but for the grace of God go I.  Our lives can turn in one moment.

Things are fine... we are riding the wave of the joyful life.  Then suddenly... heart attack, injury on the job, stroke, financial ruin, cancer, brain tumor...

All of this could come to us at any minute.  And let's be honest, we all know friends and relatives that these things have happened to.

So, but for the grace of God go I.  I could, you could, be there in the snap of a finger.

So, let us be thankful.  Let us be appreciative.  Let us seize the day.  Let us give thanks to God and live every day to the fullest.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com  

No comments: