Thursday, December 28, 2023

Why do I blog

A friend wrote and asked some questions about my blogging.  When did I start?  Why did I start?  Why do I keep doing it?  Do I know others that do it?

Ok, so let me start with, I know that a lot of people blog, but I don't personally know anyone else that does it.

I started in 2007.  I have almost always had friends and helpers that covered for me when I didn't have anything to write about.

I started because in 2007 I was reading some things that changed my life paradigm.  They were so new and amazing to me, and I wanted to share those ideas with everyone that I could.  Chief among the ideas was the notion that life is good, that today is a beautiful day, and if we look hard enough, we can see the good.

I continue to blog today for many reasons.  I would like to believe that sometimes I write things that will help those still active in ministry.  I want to remind people about grace.  Being retired, I feel more confident to talk about things and call things out in the world that I might not as an active minister.  In other words, I am no longer worried about losing my job or being punished.  I want to write to call attention to the hurt that some of our church ideas have done to us, and I want to point my readers to a different, a more loving way of thinking.

As I grow older, I find that my heart is yearning to comfort the broken, embrace the grieving, and to do every bit of good that I can while I am left on this earth.

I guess that explains why I still write.  I know that some days my blog does nothing for you, but I hope that there are other days where a bit of encouragement or inspiration might slip in.

I believe that we can get better, more gracious and kind, one day at a time, one moment at a time, one thought at a time.  And if this old blogger can offer something that puts a little more kindness in the world, then I plan to keep at it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - 


I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com 

No comments: